DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES
These are typical commissions undertaken by our structural engineers
- Feasibility studies
- Structural appraisals
- Designing structural elements
- Designing re-modelling and extension works
- Supervision of site and soil investigations
- Appraisal of existing structures
- Investigation of building defects
- Design and detailing of building structures
- Preparation of contract documents
- Inspection of construction
We provide a full structural engineering service with enhanced capability in certain areas.
Structural Engineers Appraisals
We are often asked to investigate by owners who have become concerned by damage such as:
- Bowing of walls
- Excessive deflection of floors
- Failure of window and door lintels
- Dishing of roof slopes or ridges
- Cracks in walls
Design of structural elements
We design structure in relation to domestic works such as:
- Loft extensions
- Removing walls between rooms
- Adding extra floors
- Extending buildings
Designing re-modelling and extension works
Our duties are often confined to the design of structural elements. However:
Our structural engineers can design simple extensions and conversions for clients. This service is most useful when clients have a good idea of their requirements.
We have working relationships with Architects who are adept at finding solutions to problems which are presented in abstract terms.
From our offices in Wandsworth and Carshalton our service extends to providing professional civil and structural engineering services throughout South, West and North West London including, Lambeth, Chelsea, Merton and Fulham.
You may also be interested in visiting our Insurance and Litigation Services page.